We were established as a vehicle to drive the development of some unique hive management software and sensors that were being developed by BeezThingz. The company was established in July 2016 at the end of the Sprout AgriTech Accelerator program.
We are a company on a mission to improve the state of the apiculture industry through more accurate data. We do this by developing software and electronic tools that beekeepers love. We enable them to understand their bees on a level that is otherwise unattainable.
By providing aggregate, targeted data back to the industry from data collected through our tools, we believe that BuzzTech can become world leaders in the new art of precision apiculture and help facilitate a profound shift in focus to bee welfare within the industry.
Julian McCurdy CEO / MD
An entrepreneur from a young age with a strong understanding of IT Infrastructure, Software Development, and Business management.
Julian has been a beekeeper for 6 years and comes from a family with 25+ years experience in the industry.
Julian has built BuzzTech as an expression of his passion for bee welfare and information technology.
Phone: 027 861 5084
- Chairman: Karl Gradon – CEO of NZ Manuka Group
- Director: Richard Barley – MD of Melita Group
- Director: James McCarthy – Co-Founder of Cradle and SpiderTracks
- Director: Bruce Clow – MD of Ceracell Beekeeping Supplies
- Peter Bennett – Technical Advisor and IoT Concept Development – Bencom Ltd